The Tolbooth Tavern loves to showcase local Scottish produce in our cosy pub. With our Scottish tasting platter you will get to sample some of our favourite dishes.
Included within the tasting platter is
– MacSween’s haggis croquettes with whisky cream sauce
– Smoked salmon with Scottish oatcakes
– Wild mushrooms, garlic cream sauce, toasted sourdough (v)
– Freshly landed hand battered mini Fish n chips
– For dessert you will enjoy a traditional Scottish dessert Cranachan. Scottish raspberries, whisky, cream and oats.
The Tolbooth Tavern is part of the original Canongate Tolbooth built in 1591. This medieval building was used to collect tolls from travellers entering the burgh at the Canongate. The ground floor became The Tolbooth Tavern in 1820.
The Tolbooth Tavern is a cosy traditional Scottish pub full of character and charm. It boasts a fantastic spot along the Royal Mile where the small exterior gives way to a spacious bar and mezzanine dining area.